Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Random Thoughts

Inspired my Jason's recent stream-of-consciousness post, I have decided to randomly say things. Here we go:

Work is...something. I'm not underworked, like Jason seems to be, nor am I overworked in any capacity. The days are long but not for any particular reason. I'm just there because I have to be. For those that would like to know, I'm doing some silly computer-y, database-y stuff. It wouldn't be too bad, except I'm handling an unwieldy amount of data, which makes each of my tests take like 15 minutes. It's not enough time to really do anything else, but it's definitely long enough to be frustrating.

I hope to obtain a camera, so I can do a "Day in the Life..." thing - you know, pictures of just a regular day. Actually, it'd be awesome if you guys did it, too. I'd love to see your respective foreign countries, Jason and Chris Yap, but really, I'd like to see everybody's days! Come on, break out those cameras!

July 4th was kind of stupid - I sat around the entire night watching Chappelle's Show. Having very few friends around, that's basically the most fun thing I had to do. I could hear the distant thumps of the fireworks (Boston has quite the large Independence Day party, I hear) , but a Chappelle's Show marathon was pretty distracting.

I had a super bizzarre dream the other night. I dreamt I met Kelly Buchanan (feel free to correct me on that spelling there). For those who didn't know her in high school, she was, among other things, the PR person for the Robotics team our freshman year (which is, of course, how I primarily knew her). We actually were in the same Journalism class also, where we had one conversation about Monty Python, Shakespearean sonnets, and her Humorous Interpretation team, that she (most likely jokingly) invited me to join. She came over to my house once to work on a NASA grant application (for Robotics). I never actually talked to her after that, I suppose. She must have graduated or something (I think she was Jake's year).

Anyways, we were in the same Literature analysis class, which is absurd because I would never take a Literature analysis class. We caught up, but in one of those generic movie montage sort of things, but I woke up with a strange desire to actually talk to her. So if anyone knows how to reach Kelly Buchanan, please let me know. It's weird, I know.

It's cooled down quite a bit in the last hour. The weather in New England borders on manic - we alternate between thunderstorms and 90 degree heat. Sometimes it's both. The cool thing about working is that I just have everything just dry-cleaned now, so like, I do very little laundry. Very awesome for me.

Alright, well hope everybody had a good holiday and I hope that you're back up if you've ever been down.

-chris 'say my name, bitch!' yang

P.S. I got a DS Lite. Damn, it's sexy. I also bought New Super Mario Brothers. I hope you realize that Nintendo has managed to sell me a game system so I can play Super Mario like 3 times now? Jesus Christ, they're good at their jobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home