Wednesday, November 08, 2006

my life is ridiculous

life update (am i the only one who wants to do this? you all should post life updates too):

in a nutshell, i'm completely swamped and ready to collapse. as if being super busy with school and fencing weren't bad enough, the living situation is driving me insane. small apartment + 2 roommates that never leave + need for privacy/decompression time + super super wimpy roommate = exploding brain.

so, a couple of you have heard me explain this, but our new roommate this year is, among other things, a nice and extremely, extremely wimpy person. i'm talking things like she made me cut her bagels because she's afraid of knives. also, sometimes it seems like she's living in her own universe...

case in point:
a very close family friend of mine just passed away a little more than a week ago. a few days before he died, i was having a phone conversation with my mom during which she explained that he was doing very badly, suffering, and all the relatives had be called in from taiwan and the children were home from college--basically, it was going to be any day now. i got off the phone feeling completely miserable and came out of my room to do work at the kitchen table, and roommate is puttering around in kitchen. i explained to her that we had a close friend who was going to die in the near future. this is what she says:

me: "I just found out that a very close family friend who's been fighting cancer is suddenly doing very badly, and it looks like he's going to die within the next couple of days, so I'm pretty upset right now."

roommate: "Well, if it makes you feel any better... my dad needs to have his testicles drained."

at the time, i wanted to throttle her, but in hindsight it's actually pretty funny. in a sad way. i have lots more stories...seriously, i could rant for hours. also, i meant to post the story of the strange middle-aged black man at starbucks who said to me, among other things, "If this were a long time ago, I could go to Taiwan and buy you from your father" but it's kind of a long story. maybe sometime soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Terragnome said...

My condolences =(

8:33 AM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger TheYap said...

indeed. if it's any comfort, China is very cold.

5:22 PM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger David Kau said...

i dont think my life is interesting enough, either that or i cant seem to form a complete thought to form a interesting story... but anyway... hey look naked chicks.

-DK

12:08 AM, November 12, 2006  
Blogger Terragnome said...

ya david. and guys. naked chicks and guys.

2:19 AM, November 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home